• Major updates are done! We've squashed the nastier bugs, but there are probably a few smaller ones still scurrying about. Send us a DM on Twitter (@lowerworldtsw) or to @Custodian/@Voltigeur on this site if you catch one! We'll be tweaking the site's appearance and updating guides as the month goes on. :)

RP in Secret World Legends

Will you RP in SWL?

• Yes

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Let's wait and see

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Its complicated

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Cen

Howdy y'all! I know its a bit too soon (seing as beta's only just begun). But, I've come to ask the big question ... will you RP in Secret World Legends (SWL)?

Its been mentioned that they're taking the MMO out of their RPG, so its up to us "the players" to determine how the RP will continue and IF it will continue. Sound off below on your thoughts on the upcoming game, RP potential, and where you see it working for your character(s).

Cheers!

Kuro-Hebi

The Black Snake
Bug Catcher
I personally think it's too early to say. As the game is now (and that is all I'll say on the beta) is that I can't play it because of motion sickness. If the game controls don't change, I'll never be able to even play the game in the first place. Now, if they do change it, then we'll have to see how the game is. Limiting drastically the number of players in a zone might impede RP a lot, or not that much. Can't be sure. I've been in a few community wide events in TSW and we were rarely above 10. But then again, TSW rp community is rather small and the game was losing many players already. They'll still be big hubs for people to gather to as well. At this point, there is too many if and maybe to give a clear answer. I'd love to say yes, but I'll just say 'we'll see' instead.

Voltigeur

Admin
I will admit that the rumors of timeline shifts going around have been getting me very worried, both for my characters and the health of the RP community. I might have to let go of a few characters depending on whether the game's events take place in 2017 instead of 2012. But since that's all they are for now — rumors — I'll be waiting until we get more concrete information from the devs before making any decisions.

Not to worry, though. Whatever happens, I'll be keeping this website up for as long as it's needed! :D

Vir41

Highly possible I will continue RP on Secret World Legends. It is a rule of thumb for me to RP, or atleast make a RP story for my character, on every MMO I play. What has me worried is the gameplay part as, even though I value Lore over gameplay, there is a line to be drawn somewhere and from what I have heard from beta-testers (Lucky bastards who got their key...), it is not looking that good so far.

I am not bothered by the possibility of having to modify the timeline of my character to stick to the Lore, if it happens the action is changed to begin in 2017 instead of 2012. It is merely a question of moving some dates for my character or modifying some details, but I do know it might not be so easy for everyone's characters.

Anyway, tl;dr : Yes, if the gameplay does not screw the game over too much.

Collapsible Myth

The Cake is a Lie
Retired Admin
I'll be there and depending on the timeline which might be something I can change a few things around. Some characters may have a few details changed but looking at a few things the timeline might not be much of a big deal.